Eight Gators attended the Fall meeting of the Florida Ski Council at the Mission Inn Resort in Howey-In-The-Hills, Florida during May 20-22, 2016
The selected 2018 Ski council trips will be
1) Steamboat Springs, CO - January 2018
2) Jackson Hole, WY - February 2018
3) Sierra Nevada Spain - March 2018
A new FSC bylaws amendment was passed allowing clubs to combine resources in order to get credit for Florida Ski Council trips. To do this, the council defined what constitutes club participation on a council trip. The Final verbiage is a little different than presented below. Note that the FSC Council reserves the right to make additional limited exceptions to this new rule. Some points of discussion involved what kind of services the tour provider will arrange in #1 below.
Independent Club Trip
In order for a club to be counted (per the by-laws) as participating on an FSC trip, they must:
1. Have a signed contract with the designated tour provider for lodging, air, etc.
2. Advertise the trip either at meetings, on their website or other means.
3. Have an identified Trip Leader.
4. Bring a minimum of 10 people on the trip.
Combined Club Trip
If multiple clubs join together to maximize participation on an FSC trip, they can be "counted as participating" provided:
1. Each club advertises and promotes the trip to their local members.
2. Each club provides leadership and/or assistance to the other club on the trip (such as serving as an assistant trip leader or helping in some way).
3. Total number of travelers on the trip (regardless of club affiliation) must be at least 10 x the # of clubs joining together. (For example, if two clubs join together to run a trip, the total number of travelers must be 20 or greater. If 3 clubs join together the total number must be 30 or greater. It does not matter which club the travelers are from)
Elections for FSC offices were held - usual office rotation. Welcome Jeannie Kilpatric-Staubus - our new FSC secretary.
Please review the new Florida Ski Council website for additional information at http://floridaskicouncil.com
Submitted by Walter Marussich - FSC delegate on 22 June 2016